Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Little Lion Man Returns



This week there was a celebration at the Villa of Hope's LIFE House.  Max successfully completed the LIFE program, a substance abuse recovery program.  Now, I am not naive enough to believe that we are all done and set for life:  I  know that there are many challenges ahead for Max (and for me).  But nonetheless, it is a real victory for him.  He succeeded by allowing his true self to shine through.  I am very, very proud of him.  And I could see tears gathering in the corners of the staff's eyes: they are going to miss him.

As for me, I found myself surprised when we got home.  I retreated into my room and cried and cried. Such a wave of emotions: Joy, Hope, Fear, and . . .the Sadness of missing someone who was instrumental in this journey.

But most of all, it's Hope.  Every day is a fresh start.  When we can talk to each other openly and without fear, then we can work things out together

No comments:

Post a Comment